(中文版： 2019年七個容易去的溫泉) These are the wild hot springs that you park very close to. Getting to these hot springs requires no more than a few minutes of walking. But, even though these hot springs are short hikes, please still use caution and pay attention to fast moving water, slippery surfaces, or falling rocks. Safety is most important. For a list of all hot springs, please click here : Wild Hot Springs
1) Jingying Hot Spring is a wild hot spring in Nantou, Renai Township. A steep road leads all the way to the river, so you can park close to the hot springs. Jingying Waterfall is only a short walk up the river from Jingying Hot Spring.
Jingying Hot Spring
Nantou County, Renai Township
Hot Spring: 24.03073, 121.19901
Parking: 24.03046, 121.19768
2) Hongye Red Bridge Hot Spring is a wild hot spring in Taitung, Yanping Township. Winter 2018 there are many pools that are very hot. The hot spring comes out at 52C and mixes with cold water downriver to form just the right temperature.
Hongye Hot Spring
Taitung County, Yanping Township
Parking: 22.89088, 121.06934
Hot Spring: 22.88982, 121.07031
3) Xiaqigu Hot Spring: At only a 10 minute hike down from the highway, this milky hot spring is a very popular soaking spot for nature lovers in the Taipei area.
Xiaqigu Hot Spring
Taipei City, Shilin District
Hot Spring: 25.18207, 121.5805
Parking: 25.17819, 121.58325
4) Wulai Hot Spring: This hot spring is not far from Wulai Old Street. It's a natural hot spring on the side of the river bed, just a few minutes walk from the road. Although the weather in winter is more stable, heavy downpours can still happen on occasion. Please pay attention to the weather report and stay away from the hot spring if there is a chance of heavy rain.
5) Jinfeng Hot Spring is a small volcano in Taitung, Jinfeng Township. Sometimes the road here is closed due to landslide, so the walk varies between 5-15 minutes, depending on the day you go.
6) Fanfan Hot Spring has many large soaking pools which are a 300 meter hike up the river bed. It only takes about 5-10 minutes to get there.
Fanfan Hot Spring
Yilan County, Datong Township
Hot Spring: 24.6156, 121.52362
Parking: 24.61323, 121.52556
7) Qingshui Hot Spring: This extremely hot hot spring is hot enough to boil eggs and cook corn. As the water flows downriver though, it cools off to more comfortable temperatures. It's located in the main riverbed, just across from the Quingshui Hot Spring GeothermalPark.